- DataGrid output is XHTML 1.1 compliant.
- Ready for ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 & 4.5. Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 & 2012.
- Based on industry standards: XML and CSS.
- Simplicity. No complex API.
- Uses the default style and data to see the result immediately.
- Compact Documentation.
- C# and VB.NET examples included.
- APNSoft DataGrid offers full up-level cross-browser support for IE 5.5+, Firefox 0.8+, Google Chrome 6.0+, Mozilla 1.4+, Netscape 7.0+, Opera 7.5+, and Safari 1.2+.
Highly Customizable Look
- Loads data on demand using AJAX.
- High Processing Speed. Operates perfectly with tables, containing tens of thousands entries.
- Automatically displays scrollbars.
- Saves its state after PostBack.
- Scrolls the list up to the selected entry.
- Automatic column sizing (Best Fit).
- Checks the state of data source and displays relevant data.
- Client-side caching. Automatically checks loaded data in order to avoid extra requests.
- Support for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Health Checking. Generates client-side messages which allow developers control the component status.
- Colors, sizes, borders and fonts can all be customized to visually integrate with any project.
- Support for Skins. Collection of free, ready-to-use DataGrid skins.
- The visual appearance is specified with CSS.
- Support for background images.
- Alternating rows support.
- CSS customization for rows and columns.
- Support for transparency and shadows.
Flexible Programming Options
- Resizable and Sortable columns.
- Export to Excel, HTML and custom format (PDF, Images, etc.).
- Context Menu for rows and headers.
- Support for fixed (frozen) columns.
- Support for fixed (summary) row.
- Row Filter support.
- Data formatting.
- Support for columns with Line Numbers.
- Support for hovered rows.
- Column Ordering.
- CheckBoxes, DropDowns, Images, Links, etc.
- Flexible templates. Allows combining data from different fields, processing conditional formatting and creating calculated columns. Automatically identifies the type of applicable template (ASCX, XSL or HTML). Support for external parameters.
- Support for custom editor. The form for editing entries can be configured independently.
- Support for cell editing with tabbing through editable cells.
- Click/Double-click row events.
- Built-in paging support.
- Customizable Toolbar. Support for custom buttons.
- Absolute or static positioning.
- Data binding support. DataGrid includes the DataSource property and the DataBind() method and supports different data sources: DataView, DataTable, DataSet, DataReader and any object that implements IEnumerable interface.
- DataGrid items can be defined programmatically.
- Internal AJAX engine. Support for user-defined asynchronous (AJAX) calls to the server.
- Support for different running modes: CallBack and PostBack.
- ASP.NET AJAX compatibility.
- Additional support for row uniqueness.
- Support for client-side and server-side events and methods.
- ViewState maintenance.
- Represents an obvious, easily understandable model - a set of columns and rows.
- Multiple component instances on a single page are allowed.
- Support for Unicode characters. Universal Multilanguage support allows formatting and displaying data in several languages simultaneously.
- Generated code is dramatically small.